There are many benefits to teaching your puppy to be well behaved at an early age. Young puppies are quite able to learn obedience skills, toileting behaviour and social boundaries. All of these things help make your relationship with your dog more rewarding for the years to come.
How will puppy pre-school benefit myself and my puppy?
8-16 weeks is a critical time for your puppies socialisation adn development. Puppy pre school provides a safe environment for your dog to socialise with other puppies and develop some basic training and skills, whilst you are left with the peace of mind knowing all pre-schoolers are vaccinated. It is also an excellent opportunity to ask questions you may have about training or general care of a puppy.
Our effective program is run to help you learn and develop skills in areas such as:
- Understanding normal puppy behaviour.
- Developing effective techniques for positive behavioural development and training.
- Learn important tips and tricks about puppy care, behaviour, toilet training etc
- Understanding the need for socialising your puppy.
- Teach your puppy some important 'do not' lessons.
- General puppy care information.
- Developing strong bonds between you and your puppy.
The most important thing about Puppy Pre-school is to 'start early'. Waiting too long can allow behaviour problems to establish which then require more intensive training to overcome.
When are the classes run?
Classes are run Monday and Wednesday nights from 6-7pm and on Saturday mornings at 10am.
What are the requirements?
- Minimum of 1st vaccination (C3)
- Aged 8-16weeks
- Committed to 4 week course
- Collar and lead
You may bring any family and relatives, we encourage more household members to come for the benefit of consistent training!
What if my puppy is older than 16weeks?
We also offer a Puppy Senior class which is run on Tuesdays night between 6-7pm.